The banner photo

The background photo was taken by Larry E. Meredith in Phoenix, Arizona 1982

Quote

The artist uses the talent he has, wishing he had more talent. The talent uses the artist it has, wishing it had more artist. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Political Comments 1968

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES 1968


It was a violable time in 1968. I was in my radical Hippie period. Martin Luther King, Medgar Evers and Robert Kennedy had all been assassinated. President Johnson had decided not to run again for the office. There had been riots in our cities over civil rights and George Wallace was running as a third party representative of segregation forever.

This was a doodle I made of the 1968 Presidential candidates with some sarcastic comments I attributed to each. changed?

Richard M. Nixon
What we need...and remember...I told you and if Alger Hiss ever...Of course we have to being me and after



Hubert H. Humphrey
I hear a lot about America losing faith, and say baloney. It has faith just as I when I started the Peace Corp., the Job Corp., and the Declaration of Independence.




President Lyndon B. Johnson
My place in history is assured by Sam Rayburn and all the saints. Ah was the best president Vietnam ever had.



Eugene McCarthy

The people need a forum. The people? Don't they count?






Robert F. Kennedy
(On Tombstone)
Here lies Robert Kennedy and the American Dream. "No sadder words ever penned then it might have been."




George Wallace
All ah want to do is bring back the America of the individuals. Git the gov't out of everything and give them pseudo-intellectuals a bath and haircut and send them to Vietnam. Then the negras can laugh again and be happy heah on my plantation.
On the back of this drawing I had written this poem:
Hooray for the red, white and gray.
The red blood claimed in freedom's name.
The white of the whitewash
In the politician's mouth.
Gray of the people.

No comments: